Friday, November 05, 2004

Update on everything

I figure I'll just go through Doug's questions one by one to the best of my recollection.

1) how many times your group has met, when and where
We've been meeting twice a week, for the most part-once during open lab, and the other time has rotated between after class on Monday, and sometime on Sunday (or both.) We generally meet in Kimmel, but we've met in Shaffer once outside of during class, I think.

2) what has your group accomplished so far
We've bought the parts and are just waiting for them to arrive, gotten netsend and netrecieve to work on two computers, we've started with sound sampling, and thought up ideas for what else we'll sample. Also, the conceptualization of what the visuals will be is completely done-and is great in it's complicated simplicity-I developed it a bit further from my last blog entry, and I guess I'll go over that more in the next question (cue next question)

3) what is your role in the group, and what have you done specifically towards this end
I've been working on the visuals that will correspond with the audio, network, and equiptment. So far I've gone through about ten iterations of ideas, and arrived at something I like. I've research Warhol's approach to art, for that's what I'm using as my biggest inspiration. I've also thought up many good and very varied ways of representing the change of volume, pitch, all that goodness.

4) what work you still have to do and are currently working on
I still have sit my but down and nail out the patch-I have a framework of how the code sturcture will be set up, but the actual code remains unwritten. After writing it, at a time when our group has a better idea of the exact sounds I'll gather the images.

5) how this will sythesize again with the rest of your group
Once my patch is written, it becomes a matter of Dylan working so the hardware connects with a computer, and Glenn modifying both his patch and my patch so they work together over the network. Chris will be doing some of the coding, both with what Glenn's doing and what I'm doing-and I believe we'll all be working on getting the sound samples together, although Chris is focusing on that more than the rest of us.

6) the next meeting time and place for your group.
Probably after class on Monday-I can't say for sure cause I'm writing this right after I got the email from Doug, and we certainly don't plan that much ahead meetingtime wise. I haven't synced my response with other group memebers or anything, but I imagine they'll be saying very similar things as far as this whole questionaire is concerned.

That should do for now-I don't feel like updating on my latest ideas, cause, frankly, I'm tired. G'night y'all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home