Friday, October 22, 2004

Magpie Pro

So I was trying to figure out this program that I've been referring to in my blogs where the different levels (frequency, pitch-all that) are read in, and from that what phenome is being spoke is outputed-similar to what Luke Dubois did. However, my intention was to output it into a txt file that Lightwave could then input into it's Morph Mixer system, pretty much doing the lip synching process for me.
I ran into a bunch of ridiculous challenges-things like how to continually add onto what was previous recorded, what it takes to output to txt, what format Lightwave needs to see it in...how to manage spaces and line breaks....I don't even know-how to make it acurate enough to be any help at all.
Anyhow, to make a long story short, I got virtually nowhere in Max-just did far too much reading on what different commands can do that would help me and tried to chase down other max attempts at lip syncing unsuccesfully. What I did chase down, however, is a program by the name of Magpie Pro that pretty much does everything I had hoped to do in my shortcut-that's-inevitably-a-longer-process-than-keying-it-by-hand state, and it does it far better than I'm sure I would have ever been able to do it myself.
So so much for that side project. Back to working on the main project, where I'm going back and forth between a good number of ideas, that I'm only beginning to start work on. Probably it will be me and Chris working on the Video output for the most part, me shooting the video, and coming up with the stills, and possibly thinking up conceptually how to put them together, and him doing a good deal fo the execution of that-I haven't told him this yet entirely, but I've hinted at it. Frankly, it is without a doubt the best use of what he knows best. Programming, that is.
Well, that's about it-I'll proabably post again Sunday with all of the ideas I'm thinking of for video output before I forget them, and I'll narrow them down with my group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home